Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Water for Elephants Post 2b

Dear Sara Gruen,
I am a sophomore at Edina High School in Minneapolis Minnesota, and I'm reading your book Water for Elephants right now for a book report. Although I'm only about halfway through it, I already have a strong liking for your book, although i have yet to find out the mystery of murder in this story. I’d never heard of you as an author but it’s very impressive to have a novel a Bestseller according to the Los Angeles Times, Wall Street Journal, New York Times, and USA Today, all at the same time. The book Water for Elephants is a very compelling story and very detailed so far. I’ve never read or studied anything about traveling circuses so it’s interesting to hear how the circus in the 30’s ran. I’m also enjoying the imagery in the novel, and the metaphors. I’m so much looking forward to reading the other books by you, Flying Changes, and Riding Lessons. If they are anything like the novel Water for Elephants, I have a feeling they will quickly win me over!

Thanks so much for the great read,

Morgan Hannafin

No comments: